YOU NEED TO REST (A KEY TO GETTING BIG)!! 需要休息(變大的關鍵) – Nick Best

 

YOU NEED TO REST (A KEY TO GETTING BIG)!! 需要休息(變大的關鍵) – Nick Best

Nick  Best

YOU NEED TO REST (A KEY TO GETTING BIG)!! 需要休息(變大的關鍵)- Nick Best

Born on born November 6, 1968, Nick Best is an American expert and trained strongman contestant and world victor powerlifter. Nick Best won the USAPL National Powerlifting Championships in the 125 kg category in 1996 and 1997, and also the WDFPF World Powerlifting Championships in 1996 before competing for the strongman championship. Nick Best belongs to Las Vegas, Nevada, and for the last ten years, he has been fighting as a Strongman. He is acknowledged as the “grandfather” of Strongman. He is the most grown-up sport’s contestant, but he covers everything from his understanding and practice of what the youngsters are lacking. Being the mature representative of society, Nick Best has a very definite enthusiasm for memoirs. Nick was the Powerlifting titleholder of the realm in late 1990. He earned the world’s account by winning the Shield Carry.

Nick  Best

Hey everybody and welcome back to another video. Today we got something kind of interesting and dear to my heart that we’re gonna cover today and it’s rest. Okay so rest is really important. You see a lot of peiople out there and they want to get bigger they want to grow they want to do all these things with their body.

嗨!大家好,歡迎回到另一個影片。今天我們要談件有趣的事也是我心中很重視的,它就是休息。OK,所以休息真的很重要。你看到很多人想要變得魁梧、想要成長、想要用他們的身體做各種事情。

First, if you want to be super lean all the time, you’re not going to get real big. If you want to be lean, that’s fine, but take an off season get big, go through the old bodybuilders. An old bodybuilders you just call a bulking cycle where you try to get as big as you can and put on as much weight as you can, and then you can go into a cutting cycle, and you can do this like twice a year. Three months of building, three months of cutting, three months of bulding, three month of cutting. And what yo can do is by the end, you’ll put on between five and ten sometimes  even fifteen pounds of muscle a year. Well yo do that after three to five years, you get pretty darn big. And then you can still be pretty lean half the year and then you can still be pretty strong the other half of the year. That’s the only way these work together. If you’re trying to do them at the same time, it doesn’t work.

首先如果你想要維持很精瘦,你就無法變得真的魁梧。如果你想要變瘦,這也可以,但挑一個淡季的時間變壯,像那些老派健美運動員。我說的老派健美運動員的方式是增肌循環(bulking cycle),就是你先儘可能的讓自己變大與增重,然後你再開始一個減重的循環,你可以一年做兩次這個循環。三個月增重,三個月減重,再三個月增重,再三個月減重。做了一年之後,你將會增加五到十,甚至是十五磅的肌肉量。當你持續做了三到五年,你會變得該死的健壯。而你仍舊可以在半年的時間裡是非常精瘦,另外半年的時間裡則是非常的強壯。這是唯一一個讓精瘦與魁梧同時存在的方法。如果你想要同時如此,這不成的。

But the most important thing that’s going to make you have a long career and be able to do this until you’re tired of doing it. It is the thing called Rest. Taking days off and knowing what your body feels like when you’re done, when you’re doing too much. If you’re sweating at night when you’re sleeping after an unbelievably hard workout. Okay, one night’s okay, you don’t train the next day, the next day if you’re still sweating when you’re trying to go to sleep, you’re doing it wrong. You went too hard, you’re overworking your body and your body’s not having the ability to catch up. So, that’s one big thing, “night sweats" are a big big thing. And it’s a very big indicator of how hard you go.

但是能讓你擁有一個長久的職涯且能夠持續做這個運動直到你厭倦了它,一個最重要的事情就是”休息”。休息幾天,當結束訓練的時候清楚知道你身體的真正感受,尤其是當你訓練得太過時。如果某天你做了很強力的訓練而當晚睡覺時盜汗,只有一天的話是OK的,第二天你就不要訓練,如果第二天晚上睡覺你仍然會盜汗,那你就做錯了。你的訓練強度太強了,超過你的身體能負擔的程度,所以你的身體沒有辦法跟上。所以說,這點非常重要,夜間盜汗是件大事,它是很重要的徵兆,表示你做了過度強力的訓練。

I was still on leg day on certain workout days, leg day I will be hot the whole next night and it is difficult to sleep that night when I’m trying to sleep. You know because my body I could just feel like a furnace, I’m reading them but the next day I rest, I dont’ do a whole lot, I stretch, which is very important, I stretch, I walk around a little bit, I do things to move around, and go about my business on a regular day. But I don’t train. I don’t train, okay.

某些訓練的時候我會做腿部日(leg day譯註:主要鍛鍊腿部的日子),腿部日接下來的整晚我會很熱,而當我睡覺時會很難入睡,你知道這是因為我的身體感覺像是個火爐,我清楚地知道這個狀態,而第二天我會休息,不做太多的運動,我會做伸展,這非常重要,我伸展,我也會走路,我做一些會四處移動的事,做些平常我會做的日常雜事。但是我不做訓練,我不做訓練,好嗎?

Now my body heals, it starts the healing process, it’s going, the next day I come in like today, I squat it on Saturday, here we are it’s Monday, and I did chest today. So, I did chest, shoulders and triceps today. And it was a good training day, I had a lot of energy for it and everything felt good, but I got rest from the legs I didn’t touch anthing that I did with my legs. Now, in two days which is Wednesday, I’m going to do back rear belts, and biceps. Okay, so and then I’m done for two days, then I take two days off. The only thing I do in between is some walking and some stretching, movements stuff, mobility stuff, but I don’t do anthing that’s physically taxing because my body needs to heal.

此時我的身體在修復,它開始修復的過程,持續地進行著。接下來的一天,像是我今天進來,我上禮拜六做了深蹲訓練(譯註:腿部的訓練),而今天是星期一,我今天就做了胸部肌群的訓練。我今天鍛鍊了胸部肌群、肩膀與手臂三頭肌。今天的訓練感覺很好,我有很多的能量,每件事也感覺起來很好,而我讓腿部休息,我沒有做任何跟腿部有關的事情。而在兩天之後也就是星期三,我會做後背的訓練帶(back rear belt)還有上臂二頭肌的訓練。所以說,我做了兩天,然後休息兩天,在這中間我只會做一些走路、一些伸展、移動的練習(movement)、活動度的練習(mobility),但我不會做體力上費勁的訓練,因為我的身體需要修復。

Now the simplest way I can put it to you all as far as the healing process goes (and I don’t need this paper I’m holding anymore) is I want you to think about velcro. Now if I take velcro on this hand and on this hand, and I put them together and I try to pull apart, it’s really super strong. Well that’s your muscle so when you work out, and then you put together and you let it rest all the way to where it’s healed it’s really strong again. But if you keep going and working out six days a week and that muscle starts healing here, it’s going to come apart really, you can just pull it apart, that’s how you get injured. That’s how you end your career because as the injuries pile up, decade after decade, your body’s only going to take so many injuries and this would be like “hey we’re not doing this anymore".

用一個簡單的方式來比喻這個修復的過程(我現在不再需要我手上這張紙了),請你想想看魔鬼氈。假設我左手上有魔鬼氈,右手上也有魔鬼氈,我把它們合在一起(譯註:兩隻手掌密合),然後試著分開,它真的就黏的很牢固。那就像你運動時的肌肉,你把它們合在一起讓它們持續休息一直到修復完成,那他就真的會非常強壯。但如果你持續運動,一周持續訓練六天,那肌肉就會在這個地方修復(譯註:兩隻手掌並未對準密合,左上右下),那它就很容易脫開,你可以把它拉扯開,這就是為什麼你會受傷。年復一年,當這些傷害一直累積,你的職涯就結束了,你的身體能承受的傷害是有限的,最後身體會說”喂,我們再也無法做這些了”。

So I’m 52, I’ve been doing this for 38 years now. This is the 25th year in a row that I’ve squatted over 800 punds. Now think about that for a minute and this is also the 25th year in a row I’ve totaled over 2000 pounds. That’s a long time. People just don’t do that. So you have to read your body, you have to get the proper amount of rest. It’s ungodly important and I’m going to tell you right now. It’s probably the most important thing you will do. Let me say that again, it’s probably the most important thing you will do.

我現在52歲,我已經做這樣的訓練38年了。今年是連續第25年我深蹲舉超過八百磅。請你好好的花點時間想想,這也是我連續第25年舉起超過兩千磅。這是很長的一段時間,很多人無法做到。你必須要傾聽你的身體,你需要有足夠的休息!這非常的重要,而我現在要告訴你的是,這可能是你該做的最重要的事。我再重複一次,這可能是你該做的最重要的事!

If your body doesn’t heal, you don’t grow. You dont’ grow, you don’t get your goals. It’s just that simple. And you don’t want your velcro healing here, you want it healing here, you want the muscle fibers to heal all the way and the connective tissue that’s something else to think about that a lot of people don’t think about, is your tendons and ligaments also have to heal. And they heal slower than muscle tissue. And that’s a big big thing I’m not getting injured. Huge thing, as a matter of fact. So that’s my ranting that’s my rating, rating for the day but this is very dear to my heart, and it’s one of the ways that I’ve lasted this long. 38 years in this.

如果你的身體沒有修復,你就不會進步,你不進步,你就達不到目標。就是這麼簡單。如果你不讓你的魔鬼氈在這個位置修復,你想要在這個位置修復,你想要你的肌肉組織整個修復,還有結締組織-這是很多人沒有想到的,你的肌腱和韌帶也需要修復。而它們的修復比肌肉組織需要更長的時間。這是我沒有受傷的一個很重要很重要的原因。事實上這非常非常重要!這是我今天要大聲呼籲的,這也是我心中懇切的說法。這也是為什麼我能持續這麼久的原因之一,做這個運動三十八年!

So I hope you enjoied this, if You like this, leave a like down there, hit the subscribe button if you like it, hit notifications, so you don’t miss any of these. And as always, train hard, train smart and be the best you can be.

我希望你喜歡這個影片,如果你喜歡,請在下面按讚,如果你喜歡請按訂閱跟小鈴鐺,你就不會錯過任何的影片。一如往常的,希望你認真地訓練,用聰明的方法訓練,成為你能成為的最好的你!

Nick Best facebook .(NickBestProStrongman) NickBest twitter (twitter.com/StrongmanNBest) NickBest IG  (nickbeststrongman)

相關閱讀:

文章連結:YOU NEED TO REST (A KEY TO GETTING BIG)!! 需要休息(變大的關鍵)- Nick Best

#Nick Best #依法圓福慧 

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

加州訂三月八日為 義雲高 日

看到H.H.第三世多杰羌佛的佛陀真容面貌

Such is the Innate Character of His Holiness the Buddha